Malaysia

Woman claims RM4 million condo transferred without consent after investment scheme collapse

The questionable transfer leaves her husband burdened by loan sharks and facing demands to pay tens of thousands of ringgit each month to remain in the home they once owned

Updated 2 months ago · Published on 20 Jun 2026 1:52PM

Woman claims RM4 million condo transferred without consent after investment scheme collapse
An Indonesian businesswoman alleges that a failed gold investment scheme led to the unauthorised transfer of her family's luxury condominium in Kuala Lumpur - June 20, 2026

AN Indonesian businesswoman has claimed that her family's multimillion-ringgit condominium was transferred to another owner without their knowledge after they became entangled in what they believed was a legitimate gold investment scheme, prompting a police investigation into the alleged fraud.

The woman, who requested to be identified only as Ayu and is in her 40s, said the ordeal has left her 75-year-old husband emotionally devastated after losing ownership of the family's home, which they had occupied for more than a decade.

According to Ayu, her husband purchased the condominium in 2009 for RM1.8 million, and it has served as the family's residence ever since.

She said their problems began in mid-2025 after her husband was introduced to an investment arrangement that allegedly used property titles as collateral in exchange for promised investment returns.

The scheme later involved several parties, including an investment company and private money lenders.

Believing the investment was secure, her husband agreed to participate after being assured that the transaction complied with all necessary procedures.

"The original title deed to our home was handed over for the purposes of the arrangement, which we were told was merely a formality, and we were informed that everything would proceed according to the agreement."

However, subsequent checks allegedly revealed that ownership of the condominium had been transferred on Oct 21 last year to an individual from Sarawak without the family's consent.

Ayu said they were further informed that the property had allegedly been sold for RM800,000 despite its current market value being estimated at approximately RM4 million.

"We cannot understand how a house worth several million ringgit could have changed hands for such a price.

"My husband never intended to sell the house at such a low price because it is our family's principal asset," Harian Metro quoted hew saying.

She alleged that matters became even more extraordinary after the ownership transfer, when her husband was reportedly informed that he could continue living in the property only as a tenant.

According to Ayu, they were told the monthly rental demanded was RM40,000.

"The case has had a tremendous impact on my husband. At the age of 75, he is suffering from anxiety and emotional distress after losing the home he bought through his own hard work after moving to Malaysia.

"We only want to know how this could have happened and hope the Malaysian authorities will carry out a thorough investigation," she said.

Expressing her disappointment, Ayu said she never imagined such an incident could occur in a country she regarded as safe.

"I never imagined something like this could happen in a country that I have always regarded as peaceful, like Malaysia," she said.

She added that her family hoped investigators would examine every aspect of the transaction to determine whether fraud, deception or other irregularities had occurred during the transfer of ownership.

Meanwhile, Dang Wangi District Police Chief Assistant Commissioner Sazalee Adam confirmed that police had received a report concerning the alleged fraudulent transfer of ownership involving the condominium.

He said the case is being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for cheating.

"We have already recorded a statement from the new owner of the asset, and the investigation is ongoing," he said. - June 20, 2026

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Malaysia

Two local firms get access to Arm technology in push for homegrown chip design

Malaysia

MACC studying petroleum cargo issue, says source

Malaysia

BN puts ‘benefit versus harm’ at heart of Melaka election alliance talks

Malaysia

Penang is first state to enforce private homestay law

Malaysia

Malaysian detained in Pakistan scam raid cleared and repatriated

Malaysia

PM Anwar receives royal honour from Brunei Sultan

Malaysia

Police question Hadi Awang over article he wrote

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya