Malaysia

Claims of contradictory PN statements spark calls for police report over alleged social media breach

Questions emerge over the authenticity of a late-night statement posted on Perikatan Nasional chairman Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar's verified social media account

Updated 1 month ago · Published on 23 Jun 2026 5:36PM

Claims of contradictory PN statements spark calls for police report over alleged social media breach
The incident prompts calls for a police investigation on whether the account was compromised - June 23, 2026

CALLS have been made for Perikatan Nasional (PN) chairman Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar to lodge a police report if his official social media account was hacked or compromised following claims that two conflicting statements were issued after the coalition's Supreme Council meeting.

Political observer Mohd Faisal, in a Facebook post, claimed he captured screenshots of both statements before one of them was deleted.

According to Mohd Faisal, he was watching Ahmad Samsuri's live online press conference when a media statement was uploaded to the Terengganu Menteri Besar's verified social media account at about 11.57pm.

According to BH, he alleged that the contents of the statement differed from the position outlined by Ahmad Samsuri during the press conference held just minutes earlier.

Based on screenshots shared by Mohd Faisal, the first statement allegedly said PN had accepted the entry of Parti Cinta Malaysia and Parti Pejuang Tanah Air into the coalition.

The statement also purportedly claimed that the PN logo would not be used in the Johor, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka state elections, and that the coalition's leadership in the three states had been suspended.

"I was shocked when I saw Ahmad Samsuri's account publish a PN media statement allegedly issued by the coalition's secretary-general that contradicted what he had said during his press conference just minutes earlier.

"I opened the account to verify whether it was genuine or fake. It turned out to be the authentic account, complete with a blue verification badge.

"The account had been verified by Meta and the owner would have had to provide personal information to obtain the badge. I then left a comment asking about the statement. A few minutes later, I found that the post had been deleted," he claimed.

Mohd Faisal further alleged that shortly afterwards, the same account uploaded a second media statement issued by Ahmad Samsuri that was consistent with the contents of the earlier press conference.

He also claimed that a comment he posted on the second statement was subsequently deleted.

Mohd Faisal said some social media users later described the first statement as fake, while others speculated that Ahmad Samsuri's account may have been hacked or otherwise compromised.

Describing the matter as serious, he said the use of another person's name and official letterhead without authorisation could constitute an offence, particularly as it involved a major political coalition and PN secretary-general Datuk Seri Takiyuddin Hassan, who is also a Member of Parliament, lawyer and former minister.

"Datuk Seri Takiyuddin needs to take this seriously and lodge a police report immediately. Likewise, if Ahmad Samsuri's account was indeed compromised or hacked, he should also file a police report without delay," he said.

Neither Ahmad Samsuri nor Perikatan Nasional had publicly confirmed at the time of writing whether the account had been compromised or whether the disputed statement was authentic. - June 23, 2026

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Malaysia

Child safety a priority in facing the increasingly worrying haze threat

Malaysia

Anwar, Pakistan PM call for dialogue as regional tensions rise

Malaysia

Sarawak haze shuts 591 schools across 10 districts

Malaysia

Teacher, six-year-old child killed as MPV skids, lands in ravine

Malaysia

Sarawak haze crisis deepens as Serian air pollution hits very unhealthy level

Malaysia

Three jewellery shop robberies in five days sparks concern

Malaysia

Malaysia escalates haze concerns to Indonesia as Sarawak air quality worsens

Malaysia

Woman killed by collapsing iron pole after car crashes into Kajang food court