Malaysia

Luxury watches, jewellery seized from ex-army chief’s sister-in-law become government property

The decision was made by Judge Rosli Ahmad after allowing the prosecution's application because no party came forward to claim all the items.

Updated 1 month ago · Published on 26 Jun 2026 3:36PM

Luxury watches, jewellery seized from ex-army chief’s sister-in-law become government property
The court allowed the forfeiture application after no individual appeared at the proceedings set for the third-party claim. - June 26, 2026

THE Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court today ruled that 23 luxury Rolex watches and 15 pieces of jewellery seized by the MACC from the sister-in-law of former Army Chief Tan Sri Muhammad Hafizuddeain Jantan be forfeited to the government.

The sister-in-law was identified as Nor Shahirah Athirah Anuar @ Kamaruddin.

The decision was made by Judge Rosli Ahmad after allowing the prosecution's application because no party came forward to claim all the items.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Mahadi Abdul Jumaat said the court allowed the forfeiture application after no individual appeared at the proceedings set for the third-party claim.

"The court allowed the prosecution's application for forfeiture, and no third party came forward to claim the assets," he said after today's case mention, which had been scheduled for the attendance of any interested third parties.

Defence lawyer Muhammad Kausar Mohd. Khairi, who represents Nor Shahira, also confirmed the matter.

Previously, the court allowed the MACC’s application to publish a gazette under Section 41(2) of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009 to summon any party with an interest in the property to appear in court.

On May 4, the public prosecutor, as the applicant, filed a forfeiture notice against Nor Shahira to request that the 23 luxury watches and 15 pieces of jewellery seized be forfeited to the government.

The application was made under Section 41(1) of the MACC Act 2009, read with Section 376 of the Criminal Procedure Code, on the grounds that the public prosecutor was satisfied that the movable property seized should be forfeited even though no criminal prosecution was made under the said act.

According to the applicant, the property was believed to have been obtained as a result of or in connection with an offence under Section 165 of the Penal Code. – June 26, 2026

Related News

Malaysia / 2h

Three jewellery shop robberies in five days sparks concern

Malaysia / 2mth

Missing jewellery: Rosmah ordered to pay RM67.5 million

Malaysia / 4mth

Decision on suit against Rosmah over 40 missing jewellery items set for June 10

Malaysia / 4mth

Rosmah: ‘There was no obligation for me to buy any of the jewellery’

Malaysia / 4mth

Part-time imam fined RM8k for taking video of sister-in-law bathing

Malaysia / 5mth

Armed man shot dead trying to rob jewellery shop in Petaling Jaya

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Malaysia

Anwar: Malaysia’s One China policy has not changed since 1974

Malaysia

Online scam content removed surges 15-fold to nearly 100,000 in Malaysia

Malaysia

Penang is first state to enforce private homestay law

Malaysia

Defence readiness lifts as regional military activity, new threats intensify

Malaysia

PRN Melaka: PN or PH? BN to decide on August 28

Malaysia

Elderly man, son and granddaughter burnt to death in Sabah house fire

Malaysia

Govt agency chairman, four others remanded 4 days over alleged RM1.96m Penang land loss

Malaysia

Prolonged Strait of Hormuz disruption will be felt, but less severe - Johari