Malaysia

23 close contacts of Zulkifli test negative for Covid-19

Kelantan State Health Department will also conduct screenings on 10 other individuals

Updated 5 years ago · Published on 09 Oct 2020 7:46AM

23 close contacts of Zulkifli test negative for Covid-19
On Monday, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Religious Affairs) Datuk Seri Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri confirmed that he was Covid-19 positive, and called on those present at the events he had attended from September 24 to October 4, to undergo screening. — Bernama pic, October 9, 2020

KOTA BARU — A total of 23 individuals suspected to have had close contact with Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Religious Affairs) Datuk Seri Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri have tested negative for Covid-19.

Kelantan Health Department (JKNK) director Datuk Dr Zaini Hussin said based on preliminary information, 60 individuals were detected to have come into contact with the minister who tested positive for the disease, but only 23 had to undergo screening after the JKNK conducted a risk assessment.

He said among those who underwent the tests since last week were VIPs, members of the secretariat and guests who participated in the programmes attended by Zulkifli while he was in the state on September 25, including the one organised by Yayasan Dakwah Islamiah Malaysia (Yadim) at the Silver Jubilee Hall near here.

"JKNK will also conduct screenings on 10 other individuals said to have come in close contact with Zulkifli by next week," he said when contacted by Bernama, yesterday.

On Monday, Zulkifli confirmed that he was Covid-19 positive, and called on those present at the events he had attended from September 24 to October 4, to undergo screening.

Meanwhile, Dr Zaini said a total of 45,322 individuals had undergone Covid-19 screening tests throughout Kelantan since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was first implemented in March.

He said of the total, 171 individuals were found positive to date, with the latest case recorded on October 5, involving a man in his 30s, however, the latter had not come into close contact with Zulkifli. — Bernama, October 9, 2020

Related News

Malaysia / 2w

Former PM Ismail Sabri expected to be charged tomorrow

Malaysia / 2mth

Covid-19 cases in Malaysia stable, no deaths recorded this year – MOH

Malaysia / 5mth

Bad move to channel EPF dividends into Account 3 for festive withdrawals, cautions economist

Opinion / 9mth

A tale of two administrations: How Warisan and GRS shaped Sabah’s future

Malaysia / 1y

MOH closely monitoring Covid-19 amid rising cases in neighbouring countries

Opinion / 1y

The Trump dilemma and reclaiming balance: The urgent need for fair global trade

Spotlight

Malaysia

Private university CFO charged over alleged RM6.56m CBT

World

Unleashed 60kg dog in Hong Kong mauls poodle, bichon frise to death (video)

Malaysia

Three family members killed after Immigration truck runs red light

Malaysia

Woman, believed to be foreigner, allegedly causes disturbance at KLIA (video)

Opinion

Has DAP chosen the path to a slow death?

Malaysia

Three years of bullying at school puts 15-year-old at risk of hearing loss

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Police officer's wife cries, pleads for leniency after misusing disabled child's account

Malaysia

Organised cybergroups likely behind rise in racial hate on social media

You may be interested

Malaysia

Anwar backs One China policy, says Beijing can pursue reunification

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Sarawak puts harmony with nature at heart of tourism pitch to global travel industry

Malaysia

Malaysia Airlines plane aborts take-off after black smoke seen at Narita Airport

Malaysia

Mother’s use of anxiety medication during pregnancy caused baby to test positive for drugs

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

PRN Melaka: PN or PH? BN to decide on August 28

Malaysia

Wife of Pantai Jerejak ADUN urges court to drop case against husband

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Immigration “Black Maria” lorry driver suspended after crash kills father, 2 daughters in KL

Malaysia

Woman, believed to be foreigner, allegedly causes disturbance at KLIA (video)