AIRBORNEO has completed the migration of its Departure Control System and is now operating fully under its own MY flight code, a development that marks a significant turning point in the airline’s transformation towards full operational autonomy.
In a statement, the Sarawak government-owned full-service carrier said all flights previously operating under the MH series have now been redesignated as MY-series flights, formally establishing AirBorneo’s standalone identity across all 21 airports in Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan.
The first flight to operate under the MY code was a service from Miri to Labuan, which departed at 6.15am yesterday.
AirBorneo chief executive officer Megat Ardian Wira Mohd Aminuddin said the successful DCS transition and the introduction of Flight MY3220 as the airline’s inaugural MY-coded service demonstrated what could be achieved through collaborative leadership and a shared vision.
“This achievement also lays an important foundation for our next chapter, which is the launch of AirBorneo Jet Operations in July, strengthening our infrastructure, expanding our reach and enhancing the travel experience for our passengers,” he said.
According to the statement, the DCS migration represents one of the most significant operational milestones since AirBorneo began operations on 2 January 2026.
The successful transition enables AirBorneo to function with full technical autonomy from the MASwings system, a key step in consolidating its operational independence.
“Airport check-in counters, baggage handling and all passenger-related services continued to operate as usual throughout the transition period, with coordination maintained across airport operators and key stakeholders,” the statement said.
“The simultaneous deployment across 21 airports, serving rural communities including Twin Otter operations to remote airstrips, highlights AirBorneo’s operational readiness and technical capability,” it added. - January 15, 2026