Business

Brunei to scrap EES charge for individuals starting Monday

However, payment rates for private, commercial vehicles remain

Updated 3 years ago · Published on 07 Dec 2022 3:55PM

Brunei to scrap EES charge for individuals starting Monday
The Brunei Sultanate’s Covid-19 steering committee has announced that the entry and exit charge for individuals travelling through land control posts will be removed beginning December 12. – AFP pic, December 7, 2022

MIRI – Brunei will scrap its entry and exit service (EES) charge for individuals from December 12, but it remains for private and commercial vehicles.

In a statement, the sultanate’s Covid-19 steering committee announced that the EES charge payment rate through the EES, which is currently BN$3 (RM9.71) one-way for everyone who travels through land control posts, will no longer be applicable from Monday.

The EES charge on each vehicle that will travel through all ground control posts in the country and passenger vehicles with a load not exceeding seven people including the driver will be BN$3 per vehicle for one-way travel.

The charge for vans or minibuses will be BN$6 for passenger vehicles with a load of seven to 25 people, while buses will be charged BN$10 per vehicle.

Commercial vehicles will be charged BN$6 for those not screened by X-ray vehicle inspection or BN$10 for those required.

The committee said service charges will be charged on all vehicles that go through ground control posts in Brunei regardless of the place of registration.

It will be waived for pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles, and vehicles owned by the government of Brunei Darussalam or foreign governments for formal use.

The committee said the Royal Customs and Excise Department will refund those who had already paid the EES charge in their earlier plans to cross the border on or after Monday.

Brunei has already extended the opening hours of its land control border posts with Malaysia and discontinued mandatory insurance coverage starting this month.

The operating hours for Sg Tujoh, Labu, Ujong Jalan, and Kuala Lurah Immigration Control Posts, which were previously operating from 6am to 8pm, now operate until 10pm.

The committee advised travellers to register, send applications, or make payments through the EES system via https://login.bdnsw.gov.bn/ees/user/login in order to get a QR code in advance before the trip.

For information, contact the Royal Customs and Excise Department or email [email protected]. – Borneo Post Online, December 7, 2022

Related News

Malaysia / 8h

Malaysians urged to rethink travel to southern Thailand after 51 violent incidents

Events / 2mth

Arrivia, KrisFlyer deepen partnership with launch of cruise redemptions

Opinion / 3mth

Improvement in making Hari Raya Haji travel more bearable

Trending / 3mth

Xiaohongshu and Singapore Tourism Board ink MoU to tap changing outbound travel habits

Opinion / 3mth

The Islamic business revolution in Southern Thailand

Malaysia / 5mth

14,332 company directors barred from traveling overseas due to EPF defaults

Spotlight

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

Opinion

One more temple falls: The destruction of Malaysia’s soul?

Opinion

Why is Israel pushing toward confrontation with Türkiye?

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani

Malaysia

Sarawak postpones three major programmes over haze concerns

You may be interested

Business

Govt rules out RM7.5b Datasonic takeover amid identity security concerns