Malaysia

Businessman Farhash Wafa Salvador rejects billion-ringgit money laundering allegations

Corporate figure denies claims of overseas financial crimes and Turkish citizenship, vows legal action over defamatory reports

Updated 3 months ago · Published on 06 May 2026 12:00PM

Businessman Farhash Wafa Salvador rejects billion-ringgit money laundering allegations
Farhash says the accusations were circulated by several media outlets and involved alleged activities in countries including Türkiye and parts of Africa - May 6, 2026

BUSINESSMAN Datuk Seri Farhash Wafa Salvador has strongly denied allegations that he was involved in theft and billion-ringgit money laundering activities abroad, describing the claims as defamatory and politically motivated.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, Farhash said the accusations had been circulated by several media outlets and involved alleged activities in countries including Türkiye and parts of Africa. He also dismissed claims that he had obtained Turkish citizenship.

“I firmly and without any doubt deny all these allegations. These claims are untrue, baseless and clearly defamatory in nature, aimed at tarnishing my reputation and integrity, as well as causing harm to my personal life and business affairs.

“For clarification, I am not a citizen of Türkiye, have never been involved in any acts of theft or money laundering as alleged, and do not have any bank accounts in Türkiye.”

Farhash added that he is currently not involved in politics and expressed confusion over why he had been implicated, suggesting ulterior motives behind the accusations.

“I am merely a businessman and am not involved in politics at present. I have no knowledge whatsoever as to why I have been dragged into this matter, except that the individuals involved may have other intentions to gain political advantage,” he said.

He said he viewed seriously the circulation of a video linked to the allegations, which he claimed had been spread maliciously by certain parties and could potentially violate the law.

“As such, I have lodged a police report and have referred the matter to the authorities for further investigation under the relevant legal provisions, including Section 499 of the Penal Code. I will give my full cooperation to the authorities throughout this investigation process,” he said.

Farhash also confirmed that his legal team had been instructed to initiate and file legal action against those responsible for disseminating the alleged defamatory content, in order to protect his reputation and business interests.

He urged the public to refrain from sharing or believing unverified information and to allow authorities to conduct a fair and transparent investigation into the matter. - May 6, 2026

Spotlight

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

Opinion

One more temple falls: The destruction of Malaysia’s soul?

Opinion

Why is Israel pushing toward confrontation with Türkiye?

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani

Malaysia

Sarawak postpones three major programmes over haze concerns

You may be interested

Malaysia

Burnt Qurans found near Senawang football field, police investigate

Malaysia

Woman killed by collapsing iron pole after car crashes into Kajang food court

Malaysia

API below 200: All schools in Sarawak will reopen tomorrow

Malaysia

Ab Rauf rules out meeting Hadi as Melaka election speculation intensifies

Malaysia

Zahid calls for forensic audit into RM9b Felda losses

Malaysia

Police question Hadi Awang over article he wrote

Malaysia

Malaysian detained in Pakistan scam raid cleared and repatriated

Malaysia

Melaka election: MCA targets seven seats, aims to take two from DAP