Malaysia

Philippines building collapse: Two Malaysians affected, one safe

Two Malaysians have been caught up in a building collapse in Angeles City, with one confirmed safe while efforts continue to determine the whereabouts and condition of another citizen

Updated 2 months ago · Published on 25 May 2026 7:56AM

Philippines building collapse: Two Malaysians affected, one safe
Malaysian embassy races to verify second citizen after Philippines building collapse - May 25, 2026

TWO Malaysians have been caught up in a building collapse in the northern Philippine city of Angeles, with one confirmed safe while efforts continue to determine the whereabouts and condition of another citizen, Wisma Putra said.

The ministry said the incident involved a nine-storey building that was under construction when it collapsed in Angeles City, north of the Philippine capital, Manila, triggering a major rescue operation amid fears that more victims could still be trapped beneath the rubble.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the ministry said the Malaysian Embassy in Manila was working closely with local authorities to establish verified information on the situation and monitor developments on the ground.

“The Embassy of Malaysia in Manila is gathering verified information through the relevant authorities to determine the actual situation on the ground.

“The Embassy is in close contact with the authorities to monitor the condition of the Malaysian citizen who has been confirmed safe and to verify the status and whereabouts of another Malaysian involved,” the statement said.

Wisma Putra said all necessary efforts were being undertaken to trace and contact the families of both individuals affected by the disaster.

“The Foreign Ministry will continue to provide further information and updates once verified details are obtained,” it added.

Malaysians requiring urgent consular assistance, or those with information regarding other Malaysians who may be in the affected area, have been urged to contact the Malaysian Embassy in Manila via its general line at +63 286628200, emergency hotline after office hours at +63 961 0778113, or by email at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]).

The ministry also expressed sympathy to all parties affected by the collapse and said it was closely monitoring developments surrounding the incident.

“The Foreign Ministry is closely monitoring developments relating to the incident. Rescue operations are ongoing to locate individuals feared trapped,” it said.

International media earlier reported that 26 people had been rescued after the partially completed nine-storey structure collapsed in Angeles City. - May 25, 2026

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Child safety a priority in facing the increasingly worrying haze threat

Malaysia

Two cyclists killed after car swerves into them on Putrajaya road

Malaysia

Woman killed by collapsing iron pole after car crashes into Kajang food court

Malaysia

MACC studying petroleum cargo issue, says source

Malaysia

Modified Toyota Camry lands woman in hot water over alleged subsidised petrol diversion

Malaysia

Govt agency chairman, four others remanded 4 days over alleged RM1.96m Penang land loss

Malaysia

Sarawak haze crisis deepens as Serian air pollution hits very unhealthy level