Malaysia

Two TM employees test postive for Covid-19; one in KL, one in KK

All occupants of Menara TM ONE were evacuated and building is now closed for seven days

Updated 5 years ago · Published on 11 Oct 2020 7:00PM

Two TM employees test postive for Covid-19; one in KL, one in KK
The first suspected Covid-19 case in TM occurred in March, which saw Menara TM ONE being temporarily put under lockdown. – The Vibes pic, October 11, 2020

KUALA LUMPUR – Telekom Malaysia Bhd has confirmed two new positive cases of Covid-19 among its employees – one based at Menara TM ONE in Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, and the other at its Kepayan office in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

TM has taken proactive measures to mitigate the spread of the virus and keep its customers, staff and communities safe, the company said in a statement today.

At Menara TM ONE, all occupants were immediately evacuated and the building is now closed for seven days to facilitate thorough disinfection and sanitisation in accordance to the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health (MoH).

TM offices in Sabah, Kedah and other red zones had been closed much earlier as a proactive precaution in relation to the recent surge of cases.

Both employees who tested positive are currently under quarantine and receiving treatment at government quarantine and medical facilities.

“TM management and staff are together praying for their speedy recovery,” the statement added.

Following these two new cases, detailed contact tracing is being carried out by the MoH, assisted by TM’s Covid-19 Crisis Response Team (CRT), to identify and inform those who had close contact with the affected employees.

Identified close contacts are being contacted by MoH for further advice and action.

To ensure continued services to our customers, TM employees at the affected states and areas have reverted back to work from home (WFH) arrangement utilising digital channels and online productivity tools.

Meanwhile, critical function employees (contact centre, field teams for service installation and restoration) will continue working in compliance to government and TM's added safety protocols and guidelines, the company said.

“TM would like to remind everyone at all times to keep safe social distance, hygiene and adhere to the standard operating procedures as advised by the government. TM has taken and will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees and community,” it added.

The first suspected Covid-19 case in TM occurred in March, which saw Menara TM ONE being temporarily put under lockdown. A few other TM buildings have since also been put under temporary lockdown due to positive Covid-19 cases among its staff. – Bernama, October 11, 2020

Related News

Malaysia / 2w

Former PM Ismail Sabri expected to be charged tomorrow

Malaysia / 2mth

Covid-19 cases in Malaysia stable, no deaths recorded this year – MOH

Malaysia / 5mth

Bad move to channel EPF dividends into Account 3 for festive withdrawals, cautions economist

Opinion / 10mth

A tale of two administrations: How Warisan and GRS shaped Sabah’s future

Malaysia / 1y

MOH closely monitoring Covid-19 amid rising cases in neighbouring countries

Opinion / 1y

The Trump dilemma and reclaiming balance: The urgent need for fair global trade

Spotlight

Malaysia

Private university CFO charged over alleged RM6.56m CBT

World

Unleashed 60kg dog in Hong Kong mauls poodle, bichon frise to death (video)

Malaysia

Three family members killed after Immigration truck runs red light

Malaysia

Woman, believed to be foreigner, allegedly causes disturbance at KLIA (video)

Opinion

Has DAP chosen the path to a slow death?

Malaysia

Three years of bullying at school puts 15-year-old at risk of hearing loss

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Police officer's wife cries, pleads for leniency after misusing disabled child's account

Malaysia

Organised cybergroups likely behind rise in racial hate on social media

You may be interested

Malaysia

If it's BN-PH, I won't contest the Melaka state election – Dr Akmal

Malaysia

Maritime expert urges MACC to break silence on petroleum cargo commingling issue

Malaysia

Private university CFO charged over alleged RM6.56m CBT

Malaysia

Five arrested as Johor police open three probes into reversed state and Malaysian flags

Malaysia

Defence readiness lifts as regional military activity, new threats intensify

Malaysia

Online scam content removed surges 15-fold to nearly 100,000 in Malaysia

Malaysia

I am touched by M. Kavita’s dedication – PM Anwar

Malaysia

Immigration truck tragedy: PM extends condolences, orders thorough probe