Malaysia

Court officers questioned after ‘leaked’ judgment in Rosmah’s case: cops

Sentul police decline to disclose exact number of court personnel whose statements were recorded

Updated 3 years ago · Published on 29 Aug 2022 7:12PM

Court officers questioned after ‘leaked’ judgment in Rosmah’s case: cops
Sentul district police chief Beh Eng Lai confirms with The Vibes that all those called in for questioning were, for now, court officers. – The Vibes file pic, August 29, 2022

by Qistina Nadia Dzulqarnain

KUALA LUMPUR – Several court officers have provided their statements to police in connection with a leaked document allegedly containing the judgement for Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor’s RM1.25 billion corruption case.

Sentul district police chief Beh Eng Lai confirmed with The Vibes that all those called in for questioning were, for now, court officers.

“If there is a need to (call in more individuals), then we will do so later on,” he said, declining to disclose the exact number of court personnel whose statements have been recorded.

On Saturday, Beh had said in a statement that investigation had commenced after the Chief Registrar Office of the Federal Court of Malaysia had lodged a police report on the same day.

The report was filed against Malaysia Today after the website published an article containing the leaked judgement.

The chief registrar also slammed the action as a “deliberate act to affect the operation of the court and the administration of justice.”

Rosmah is charged with soliciting RM187.5 million and two counts of receiving bribes of RM6.5 million from Jepak Holdings Sdn Bhd’s former managing director Saidi Abang Samsuddin through her former special officer Datuk Rizal Mansor.

It was allegedly an inducement to help the company Jepak Holdings to secure the hybrid photovoltaic solar system integrated project for 369 rural schools in Sarawak, worth RM1.25 billion.

The trial at the high court has been completed and the date to deliver the court’s ruling on whether to acquit or convict Rosmah on the three corruption charges has been set for September 1.

Previously on August 23, the chief registrar had made a police report against a news portal for allegedly publishing a document related to the grounds of the court’s decision on Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s final appeal against his conviction in the SRC International corruption case.

It said the document posted on the portal was merely a working draft in relation to three appeals made by Najib that were leaked to the media. – The Vibes, August 29, 2022

Related News

Malaysia / 1w

Is reputation worth so much more than a person’s life?

Malaysia / 6mth

Judiciary to set up special High Court for corruption cases

Malaysia / 1y

Izzah marches with lawyers, calls for independent tribunal to set up

Opinion / 1y

A century of Mahathir: A Malaysian titan turns 100

Opinion / 1y

Anwar Ibrahim and a nation in transition

Opinion / 1y

Should we challenge the extension of the judiciary under article 125 of the Federal constitution?

Spotlight

Malaysia

Nepturis received RM16.4m for Klang Utara police headquarters, court told

Sports & Fitness

Heat takes toll on athletes at SUKMA 2026

Malaysia

MOF denies viral ‘RM1,700 eMADANI aid’ for housewives, single mothers and senior citizens

Malaysia

Pahang police reject claims of drug cartel operating in Genting Highlands

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Chow hits back at Rafizi, says DAP’s decision to stay must be respected

By Ian McIntyre

Sports & Fitness

RM200 Madani F1 tickets sell out as Malaysians flock to Sepang race

Malaysia

CAP claims existence of 'Malaysian Epstein Class' behind Tabung Haji scandal

Malaysia

CPJ calls for withdrawal of excessive RM100m defamation suit against veteran journalist

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

All Malaysia Airlines pilots test negative for drugs

You may be interested

Malaysia

Attempt to smuggle methamphetamine worth RM12.26m into Malaysia foiled

Malaysia

Govt open to study integrating GST, SST

Malaysia

Negeri Sembilan assembly erupts over RM180k allocation to PH lawmakers before dissolution

Malaysia

Tanker driver claims trial over deaths of mother and 12-year-old son in Temerloh crash

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Organised cybergroups likely behind rise in racial hate on social media

Malaysia

Nepturis received RM16.4m for Klang Utara police headquarters, court told

Malaysia

Govt reviews RM1,700 minimum wage, with possible increase under new wage formula

Malaysia

Putra Heights tragedy report expected to be released as early as October