Malaysia

Nepturis received RM16.4m for Klang Utara police headquarters, court told

Former Selangor Public Works Department (JKR) director Lokman Nasir, 62, confirmed the payments when shown the relevant government vouchers in court.

Updated 4 minutes ago · Published on 17 Aug 2026 6:25PM

Nepturis received RM16.4m for Klang Utara police headquarters, court told
The payments were made into the company’s Maybank Islamic account - August 17, 2026

NEPTURIS Sdn Bhd received RM16.4 million from the government for the construction of the Klang Utara district police headquarters under the Jana Wibawa programme, the High Court heard today.

Former Selangor Public Works Department (JKR) director Lokman Nasir, 62, confirmed the payments when shown the relevant government vouchers in court.

Lokman, who retired in April 2024, said the money was paid to Nepturis in eight transactions between May 17, 2022 and Feb 3, 2023.

The payments were made into the company’s Maybank Islamic account, he said.

“I confirm that this project was under the Home Ministry and the funding came from the Home Ministry,” Lokman, the prosecution’s 23rd witness, said in his witness statement.

He added that several other payments were still being processed or had not been made at the time.

During questioning by Deputy Public Prosecutor Datuk Wan Shaharuddin Wan Ladin, Lokman was asked if there had been any non-compliance in the government’s payments.

“No,” he replied.

Asked to explain what he understood by non-compliance, Lokman said it would involve a breach of the terms of the contract.

Wan Shaharuddin: In this case, was there any non-compliance?

Lokman: So far, none.

Nepturis is among several companies mentioned in the prosecution’s case against former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who is facing seven charges involving alleged abuse of power and money laundering linked to Jana Wibawa.

The court was previously told that Nepturis had been asked to channel RM1 million to Bersatu in 2022 after securing the Klang Utara police headquarters project.

Its managing director Mohd Rizman Akum Khan testified that he did not know why the payment was made.

He said the cheque was prepared on the instructions of co-owner Lian Tian Chuan, better known as TC Lian, and that he simply carried out the instruction.

Earlier, the prosecution applied to amend the fourth charge against Muhyiddin to include KCJ Engineering Sdn Bhd.

Judge Noor Ruwena Md Nurdin allowed the amendment after the defence did not object.

Under the amended first to fourth charges, Muhyiddin, who is also Pagoh MP, is accused of using his position to obtain RM225.3 million in bribes linked to Jana Wibawa from Bukhary Equity Sdn Bhd, Nepturis, Mamfor Sdn Bhd, KCJ Engineering and Datuk Azman Yusoff for Bersatu.

He faces three further charges of receiving proceeds from unlawful activities amounting to RM200 million, including money from Bukhary Equity which was deposited into Bersatu’s CIMB Bank account.

KCJ Engineering, meanwhile, is alleged to have contributed RM800,000 to Bersatu after initially failing the Finance Ministry’s assessment for a Jana Wibawa project before later securing a RM62 million contract.

Former finance minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz had previously told the court that KCJ Engineering did not pass the first assessment by the Jana Wibawa Contractor Evaluation Committee. – August 17, 2026

Related News

Malaysia / 1h

Pahang police reject claims of drug cartel operating in Genting Highlands

Malaysia / 3d

Pilot drug case: Police probe yields new leads

Malaysia / 4d

Inspector, policewoman plead guilty to khalwat

Malaysia / 5d

Two suspects try to escape after proceedings at Kulim Court (video)

Malaysia / 6d

Muhyiddin urges end to political appointments in Tabung Haji leadership

Malaysia / 1w

Bersatu still a PN coalition member - Samsuri

Spotlight

Malaysia

Nepturis received RM16.4m for Klang Utara police headquarters, court told

Sports & Fitness

Heat takes toll on athletes at SUKMA 2026

Malaysia

MOF denies viral ‘RM1,700 eMADANI aid’ for housewives, single mothers and senior citizens

Malaysia

Pahang police reject claims of drug cartel operating in Genting Highlands

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Chow hits back at Rafizi, says DAP’s decision to stay must be respected

By Ian McIntyre

Sports & Fitness

RM200 Madani F1 tickets sell out as Malaysians flock to Sepang race

Malaysia

CAP claims existence of 'Malaysian Epstein Class' behind Tabung Haji scandal

Malaysia

CPJ calls for withdrawal of excessive RM100m defamation suit against veteran journalist

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

All Malaysia Airlines pilots test negative for drugs

You may be interested

Malaysia

DAP faced a Hobson’s choice

Malaysia

Malaysian pilot suspected of multiple drug runs since 2024 - Police

Malaysia

Strong El Nino threatens Malaysia with severe dry spells, haze and extreme heat

Malaysia

MOH weighs new incentives to keep specialists in public healthcare

Malaysia

Three areas in Sarawak and Selangor record unhealthy air quality

Malaysia

Anwar announces additional RM1m for every parliamentary constituency

Malaysia

Body found bound in net: Four charged with murder

Malaysia

Nancy Shukri seeks more funding to expand legal aid for women and single mothers