Business

Proton gets over 4,000 bookings for new S70 sedan

National carmaker aims to sell 3,000 units per month.

Updated 2 years ago · Published on 20 Dec 2023 2:48PM

Proton gets over 4,000 bookings for new S70 sedan
There has been over 4,000 bookings so far for the new Proton S70 family sedan. – proton.com pic, December 20, 2023.

NATIONAL carmaker Proton Holdings Bhd has received over 4,000 bookings for its newly launched S70 compact sedan.

Proton deputy chief executive officer Roslan Abdullah said the overwhelming support reflected the trust and excitement of customers for the latest vehicle.

“After establishing leadership in the sports utility vehicle segment with models like the Proton X50, X70, and X90, we bring our technological prowess to a new family sedan.

“Last week, the Proton S70 made its debut in Sabah, and now, we are thrilled to extend the excitement to the beautiful region of Sarawak.

“Today marks a special occasion as we introduce a new era of driving innovation to this dynamic locale,” he said in his speech during the Proton S70 Sarawak launch in Kuching today.

On November 28, Proton launched the S70 compact sedan, aiming to sell over 3,000 units a month for the first year.

Chief executive officer Li Chunrong said the 1.5l turbo S70 comes in four variants – executive, premium, flagship and flagship X.

The S70 would be delivered early next year, with the premium and flagship proving most popular. – Bernama, December 20, 2023.

Related News

Malaysia / 1mth

SUV driver positive for drugs, enters opposite lane, crashes into four vehicles (video)

Motoring / 3mth

Proton AMA02 set for production by end-2026, compact ‘Saga Cross’ SUV rumoured

Malaysia / 6mth

RM10 million grant to help 5,000 owners buy new cars

Malaysia / 11mth

Proton first EV factory in Malaysia testimony of close Malaysia-China ties, says PM

Business / 1y

Malaysia launches its first electric car

Malaysia / 2y

Netizens defend Proton saleswoman slammed for catering to non-Muslim rituals

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Business

Oil prices hold above US$84 as Middle East tensions persist

Business

Oil prices surge as US-Iran standoff, Ukraine strikes rattle global energy markets

Business

FMM urges input tax credits as government reviews GST features for SST

Business

Robo.ai expects shareholders’ equity to turn positive after restructuring

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Business

Independent review needed, not blind denial, to address US claims – maritime expert

Business

Tey Por Yee and four others ordered to pay RM103.75m in SC civil suit