Business

High Court allows govt and KTMB restricted access to KVDT2 project

Dhaya Maju  also wins interim injunction to continue working on site

Updated 5 years ago · Published on 10 Dec 2020 8:42PM

High Court allows govt and KTMB restricted access to KVDT2 project
Dhaya Maju lawyer says the ad interim injunction will continue until January 7, 2021, with minor variations allowing the government and KTMB access to the active tracks to carry out maintenance and repair works  –  Wikipedia pic, December 10, 2020

KUALA LUMPUR – The High Court today allowed the government and Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) limited access to the active tracks at the Klang Valley Double Tracking Phase 2 (KVDT2) project site.

A lawyer from the law firm Skrine, who represented project contractor Dhaya Maju LTAT, said the order was given by Judge Datuk Lim Chong Fong today during the case management of the suit filed by the company against the government, KTMB, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong and engineering consultancy services company Opus Consultants (M) Sdn Bhd.

He said the court also allowed the ad interim injunction obtained by Dhaya Maju LTAT restraining the government and KTMB from instructing the company to stop work on the site to be extended until January 7, 2021.

“The ad interim injunction will continue until January 7, 2021, with minor variations allowing the government and KTMB access to the active tracks to carry out maintenance and repair work,” said the lawyer, who declined to be named.

On November  2, the court granted the ad interim injunction to Dhaya Maju LTAT which, initially, would be in effect until December 12 or any further date as directed by the court.

The company was also granted an ad interim injunction preventing the government and KTMB from entering the KVDT2 project site and instructing the company to vacate the site, as well as a temporary injunction which restrained KTMB from revoking its Licence to Occupy the site until the same date (December 12).

The lawyer said the case had been fixed for case management on January 7, next year before Justice Lim.

During the case management via Skype today, lawyers Ashok Ranai, R. Loshini, S. Tatvaruban and R. Laarnia from Skrine appeared for Dhaya Maju LTAT while senior federal counsel Asliza Ali appeared for the government and Wee. Hee Hui Ting represented Opus Consultants while Sean Yeow and Lim Bee Sie represented KTMB.

Dhaya Maju LTAT, which is embroiled in the dispute with the government and Wee following the termination of its contract for the KVDT2 project on Sept 23, filed the suit on Oct 27.

In its statement of claim, the company, among others, claimed that to date, the formal notice of termination of the revised contract has not been duly served and the company had absolutely no notice of the alleged cancellation, which was carried out through the press release, with the company only learning about the alleged cancellation for the very first time through the media.

Apart from seeking damages, Dhaya Maju LTAT, an 80:20 joint-venture company between Dhaya Maju Infrastructure (Asia) Sdn Bhd and Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera (LTAT) incorporated on June 5, 2017, under the Companies Act 2016, among others, is seeking declaration that the purported termination of the revised contract is invalid, unlawful and wrong at law.

The project came under fire after Finance Minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz released a list of 101 projects awarded via direct negotiations worth RM6.61 billion during the Pakatan Harapan (PH) administration and these included the KVDT2 project awarded to Dhaya Maju LTAT worth RM4.475 billion. – Bernama, December 10, 2020

Related News

Malaysia / 1d

Rockys death: No gatherings as Shah, Roghini arrive at Klang court

Malaysia / 2d

Just accept the court decision – Ramkarpal tells Sanusi

Malaysia / 4d

Body found bound in net: Four charged with murder

Malaysia / 1w

Rosmah granted conditional stay on RM67.5m jewellery payment

Malaysia / 1w

TH faced risk of RM74.5 billion liability exposure before bailout, Dewan told

Malaysia / 1w

Kedah may delay Penang lease claim documents till change of federal government

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Business

Independent review needed, not blind denial, to address US claims – maritime expert

Business

FMM urges input tax credits as government reviews GST features for SST

Business

Robo.ai expects shareholders’ equity to turn positive after restructuring

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Business

Tey Por Yee and four others ordered to pay RM103.75m in SC civil suit

Business

Oil prices hold above US$84 as Middle East tensions persist

Business

Oil prices surge as US-Iran standoff, Ukraine strikes rattle global energy markets