Malaysia

Perak to set up 2 low-risk Covid-19 treatment centres

They will be in Ipoh and the southern part of the state

Updated 5 years ago · Published on 19 Nov 2020 7:31PM

Perak to set up 2 low-risk Covid-19 treatment centres
Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu says the Perak government is awaiting approval from the National Security Council before activating the treatment centres, which will be in Ipoh and the southern part of the state. – Bernama pic, November 19, 2020

IPOH – The Perak government plans to set up two low-risk Covid-19 quarantine and treatment centres to reduce congestion in hospitals following the increase in positive cases in the state.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu said the state government is awaiting approval from the National Security Council (NSC) before activating the treatment centres, which will be in Ipoh and the southern part of the state.

He said the centres will be used to house low-risk asymptomatic Covid-19 patients undergoing follow-up treatment.

“The centres have not been gazetted, but if the NSC approves, we are ready. The state government will provide the facilities at both treatment centres,” he said here today.

On the implementation of the enhanced movement control order in Zone B and Zone C of Taman Meru 2C here spanning tomorrow until December 3, Ahmad Faizal said a one-stop centre was provided to make it easier for residents to get food supplies and daily necessities.

Ahmad Faizal said the state government, through the Tambun parliamentary people’s service centre and Kinta district office had provided various forms of assistance to the residents involved during the Covid-19 screening process in the area over the past few days.

Yesterday, Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said EMCO was implemented in the two areas on the advice and risk assessment by the Health Ministry following the increase in Covid-19 cases in the two localities.

Earlier, Ahmad Faizal said that a total of 318 farmers in the state who were affected by the pandemic will receive agricultural donations from the state government, the latest by the end of next month.

He said the state government had allocated RM856,000 for the project, which would involve providing inputs such as fertilizer and pesticide for selected farmers to cultivate food crops such as vegetables, banana, papaya, corn, and chilli.

Ahmad Faizal said there was a drop in agriculture production, based on unofficial data by the Perak Agriculture Department up to Oct 30, with vegetable commodities recording only 61,051 tonnes compared with 117,003 tonnes last year and fruits recording 61,209 tonnes, down from 111,885 tonnes last year.

He attributed the drop in the production to issues with harvesting and marketing, especially during the movement control order. – Bernama, November 19, 2020

Related News

Malaysia / 2mth

Covid-19 cases in Malaysia stable, no deaths recorded this year – MOH

Malaysia / 5mth

Bad move to channel EPF dividends into Account 3 for festive withdrawals, cautions economist

Opinion / 10mth

A tale of two administrations: How Warisan and GRS shaped Sabah’s future

Malaysia / 1y

MOH closely monitoring Covid-19 amid rising cases in neighbouring countries

Opinion / 1y

The Trump dilemma and reclaiming balance: The urgent need for fair global trade

Culture & Lifestyle / 1y

Renowned public health expert honoured at award ceremony in Penang

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

Malaysia

Pahang Sultan stops convoy to aid seriously injured crash victims in Sarawak

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Child safety a priority in facing the increasingly worrying haze threat

Malaysia

Armed gang escapes with RM500,000 in jewellery after five-minute Kuantan raid

Malaysia

MOF received 'higher-ups' instructions on PMO's recommendation process for Jana Wibawa project

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir