World

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort partially closed over Covid-19 outbreak

Beach Club, a la carte dining room shuttered

Updated 5 years ago · Published on 20 Mar 2021 4:30PM

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort partially closed over Covid-19 outbreak
Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida now serves as his official residence since he left the White House in January. – AFP pic, March 20, 2021

WASHINGTON – Former president Donald Trump’s Florida resort Mar-a-Lago has been partially closed after some members of staff tested positive for the coronavirus, US media reported yesterday.

“As some of our staff have recently tested positive for Covid-19, we will be temporarily suspending service at the Beach Club and a la carte dining room,” the club’s management said in an email cited by The Washington Post.

It did not specify how many members of staff had been infected.

Now serving as the former president’s official residence since he left the White House in January, the club said banquet and event services would stay open and that “all appropriate response measures in accordance with CDC guidance” had been taken to sanitise the property.

Palm Beach County sent the club a formal warning in January that it had violated county code and could be fined after photos from a New Year’s party showed many guests not wearing masks.

The club is to host events during the Republican National Committee spring retreat in Florida next month, the New York Times said. – AFP, March 20, 2021

Related News

Malaysia / 2mth

Covid-19 cases in Malaysia stable, no deaths recorded this year – MOH

Malaysia / 5mth

Bad move to channel EPF dividends into Account 3 for festive withdrawals, cautions economist

Opinion / 9mth

The power of being in the room

Opinion / 10mth

A tale of two administrations: How Warisan and GRS shaped Sabah’s future

Malaysia / 1y

MOH closely monitoring Covid-19 amid rising cases in neighbouring countries

Opinion / 1y

The Trump dilemma and reclaiming balance: The urgent need for fair global trade

Spotlight

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

Opinion

One more temple falls: The destruction of Malaysia’s soul?

Opinion

Why is Israel pushing toward confrontation with Türkiye?

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani

Malaysia

Sarawak postpones three major programmes over haze concerns

You may be interested

World

TikTok agrees to US$400 million settlement over alleged child privacy violations

World

Foreign tourist injured in bear attack in Japan

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

World

Canada to hit US goods with dollar-for-dollar tariffs after trade talks collapse

World

5.9-magnitude earthquake strikes eastern Japan, shakes Tokyo; several injured

World

Prabowo orders more troops, helicopters as Kalimantan fires worsen

World

Teen killed in sword attack at Swedish school was a 17-year-old girl

World

Trump says ‘extraordinary’ US growth can tackle US$40 trillion debt