SELANGOR Police confirmed that they have received a report and are investigating a bullying incident involving a male student at a secondary school.
Selangor Police Chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar said the investigation is currently being conducted under Section 506 and Section 323 of the Penal Code, which are threats and causing hurt.
"The investigation is still ongoing; recordings of conversations and statements have been taken.
"The 17-year-old suspect, who is also a schoolmate of the victim, has been arrested and remanded, but has been released on bail.
"According to the evidence available so far, the cause of the incident is related to teasing activities that occurred between students from a school," he said.
Asked about the extent of the victim's injuries, Shazeli said he could not comment as he was still awaiting an official report from the medical officer.
"So far, only one suspect has been detained to assist in the investigation. Action has been taken, and the investigation is being carried out before being completed and referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor's Office," he said.
Yesterday, it was reported that a 15-year-old boy is at risk of losing his hearing after being a victim of bullying and beating at school.
At a press conference, the victim's mother, Nurhaswaty Zamani, 43, claimed that her son, Adryz Adrian, 15, suffered head and ear injuries after he was believed to have been bullied and attacked at a secondary school in Shah Alam.
She said she only found out about the incident after her son returned from school last Wednesday and narrated the incident.
The woman also claimed that her son had been facing harassment from the same group of students since Form One.
"After this case happened and the school received pressure from its superiors, only then was the previous incident also told to me," she said. – August 19, 2026