Malaysia

Those with Sabah travel history must serve 14-day quarantine when entering Singapore

Exceptions apply to travellers falling under the Reciprocal Green Lane

Updated 5 years ago · Published on 12 Oct 2020 10:06PM

Those with Sabah travel history must serve 14-day quarantine when entering Singapore
Singapore had earlier announced that travellers from Malaysia are allowed to serve a 7-day SHN at their place of residence from September 1, 2020. — Bernama pic, October 12, 2020

SINGAPORE —  Singapore requires all travellers with a recent travel history to Sabah, Malaysia, to serve a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) at dedicated SHN facilities.

The new requirement will take effect from October 14, 2020, 2359 hours.

“This is following an increase in cases in Sabah recently,” said the republic’s Multi-Ministry Taskforce on Covid-19, in a statement issued here today.

Exception, however, is given to Malaysia-based travellers under the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL), who will continue to be subjected to the existing RGL health measures such as pre-departure test, on-arrival test and pre-declared controlled itinerary.

Singapore had earlier announced that travellers from Malaysia are allowed to serve a 7-day SHN at their place of residence from September 1, 2020.

The task force said the new requirement would also apply to returning Singapore-based travellers under the RGL, as well as Malaysian citizens and permanent residents entering Singapore under the Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA).

“We are monitoring the situation across other states and federal territories closely, including Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya.

“For now, travellers from all other parts of Malaysia, except Sabah, will continue to serve a 7-day SHN at their place of residence,” it said.

The taskforce reminded all travellers to accurately declare their travel history.

“Strict enforcement action will be taken against false declarations. The Covid-19 test will continue to be administered before the end of the SHN period,” it said.

It also noted that Singapore’s border measures would evolve as the global situation changes.

“We will continue to monitor the global health situation closely and update our border measures in accordance with the public health risk assessment.

“If the situation in a country/region deteriorates, more stringent measures will be put in place to limit the risk of importation and prevent community transmission from imported cases,” it said.

The Malaysian government has today announced the implementation of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) throughout Sabah effective 12.01am on October 13 until October 26.

Of today's 563 new Covid-19 cases reported in Malaysia, 51.7% or 291 cases are in Sabah. — Bernama, October 12, 2020

Related News

Malaysia / 2w

Former PM Ismail Sabri expected to be charged tomorrow

Malaysia / 2mth

Covid-19 cases in Malaysia stable, no deaths recorded this year – MOH

Malaysia / 5mth

Bad move to channel EPF dividends into Account 3 for festive withdrawals, cautions economist

Opinion / 10mth

A tale of two administrations: How Warisan and GRS shaped Sabah’s future

Malaysia / 1y

MOH closely monitoring Covid-19 amid rising cases in neighbouring countries

Opinion / 1y

The Trump dilemma and reclaiming balance: The urgent need for fair global trade

Spotlight

Malaysia

Private university CFO charged over alleged RM6.56m CBT

World

Unleashed 60kg dog in Hong Kong mauls poodle, bichon frise to death (video)

Malaysia

Three family members killed after Immigration truck runs red light

Malaysia

Woman, believed to be foreigner, allegedly causes disturbance at KLIA (video)

Opinion

Has DAP chosen the path to a slow death?

Malaysia

Three years of bullying at school puts 15-year-old at risk of hearing loss

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Police officer's wife cries, pleads for leniency after misusing disabled child's account

Malaysia

Organised cybergroups likely behind rise in racial hate on social media

You may be interested

Malaysia

Defence readiness lifts as regional military activity, new threats intensify

Malaysia

S'pore driver involved in altercation with Malaysian policeman near Woodlands Checkpoint

Malaysia

MACC probe into Dr Xavier Jayakumar closed in 2024 over lack of evidence

Malaysia

Sarawak puts harmony with nature at heart of tourism pitch to global travel industry

Malaysia

Anwar unveils first online 9.9 Jualan Ihsan Rahmah sale for Malaysians

Malaysia

Sarawak haze crisis deepens as Serian air pollution hits very unhealthy level

Malaysia

Fahmi to summon telco CEOs over SIM cards allegedly used by scam syndicates

Malaysia

Death of Rocky: Individual expected to be charged tomorrow

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir