A TWO-MONTH-OLD baby boy is under medical observation after sustaining injuries believed to have been inflicted by his caregiver at a home in Kampung Kayu Ara, Mambau, last Friday.
Assistant Commissioner Azahar Abdul Rahim, Chief of Seremban District Police, said the infant’s 25-year-old mother reported the incident the same day, noting visible signs of injury when she collected her child at around 5.10 pm.
“The victim was taken to Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital, where examinations confirmed scratch marks and abrasions on the chest, as well as bruising on the left cheek. The baby is currently admitted to the Paediatric Ward for further observation and is in stable condition,” he said in a statement on Monday.
Azahar added that police have opened an investigation into the 46-year-old caregiver under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act 2001.
Preliminary inquiries indicate that the woman had been providing childcare services for two years but was not registered with the Social Welfare Department. Authorities are continuing their investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding the alleged abuse. - February 16, 2026