Malaysia

Four Undang, Tunku Besar Tampin expected to skip NS DUN opening

They also advised that the ceremony be postponed until all customary and legal processes regarding the transition of power to the 12th Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan are completed.

Updated 4 months ago · Published on 23 Apr 2026 8:46AM

Four Undang, Tunku Besar Tampin expected to skip NS DUN opening
The decision was made following their declaration of Tuanku Muhriz's 'sacking' on April 19 and in view of the current situation. - April 23, 2026

AS expected, the Four Undang Luaks, along with Tunku Besar Tampin, are expected to stay away from the Opening Ceremony of the First Session of the 15th Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly (DUN), which will be officiated by the Yang di-Pertuan Besar, Tunku Muhriz Ibni Almarhum Tunku Munawir, today.

This was announced in a joint media statement issued by Datuk Klana Petra Datuk Mubarak Dohak (Sungei Ujong), Datuk Mendika Menteri Akhirulzaman Datuk Maarof Mat Rashad (Jelebu), Datuk Johan Pahlawan Lela Perkasa Setiawan Datuk Muhammad Abdullah (Johol), Datuk Sedia Raja Abdul Rahim Yasin (Rembau) and Tunku Syed Razman Tunku Syed Idrus Al Qadri (Tunku Besar Tampin) at about midnight.

They also advised that the ceremony be postponed until all customary and legal processes regarding the transition of power to the 12th Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan are completed.

The decision was made following their declaration of Tuanku Muhriz's 'sacking' on April 19 and in view of the current situation.

"We say that based on the provisions of Article 10(2) of the Negeri Sembilan Constitution (UUTKNS) 1959, the Menteri Besar has no choice but to comply with the requirements of the said provision.

"The powers allocated to us are protected under Article 71(1) and (2) of the Federal Constitution and Article 79 of the UUTKNS 1959," they said.

Previously, it was reported that Mubarak, who was reportedly dismissed from his post, was understood not to have received an invitation letter to attend the opening ceremony of the State Legislative Assembly and confirmed by his private secretary. – April 23, 2026

Related News

Malaysia / 1w

DKU moves to join legal challenge over alleged bid to remove Tuanku Muhriz

Malaysia / 2w

Put all differences aside and focus on the rakyat - Izzah

Malaysia / 3w

No landslide expected as Negeri battle goes down to the wire

Malaysia / 3w

Selangor reviewing need for by-election following unconfirmed reports of ADUN’s bankruptcy

Malaysia / 4w

Muhyiddin says UMNO-PAS rivalry will return despite current BN-PN cooperation

Malaysia / 1mth

PRN Negeri Sembilan: BN + PN = PBN, says Hamzah

Spotlight

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

Opinion

One more temple falls: The destruction of Malaysia’s soul?

Opinion

Why is Israel pushing toward confrontation with Türkiye?

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani

Malaysia

Sarawak postpones three major programmes over haze concerns

You may be interested

Malaysia

Plans underway to set up financial hub on Pulau Jerejak

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Ab Rauf rules out meeting Hadi as Melaka election speculation intensifies

Malaysia

Police probe viral street race after motorcycle riders block Johor expressway

Malaysia

Fahmi: Malaysia’s one-China policy on Taiwan remains unchanged

Malaysia

Neighbourly dispute turns violent, 80-year-old struck with iron rod

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Sarawak haze worsens as 10 areas record unhealthy air quality

Malaysia

Teacher, six-year-old child killed as MPV skids, lands in ravine