NEPTURIS Sdn Bhd received RM16.4 million from the government for the construction of the Klang Utara district police headquarters under the Jana Wibawa programme, the High Court heard today.
Former Selangor Public Works Department (JKR) director Lokman Nasir, 62, confirmed the payments when shown the relevant government vouchers in court.
Lokman, who retired in April 2024, said the money was paid to Nepturis in eight transactions between May 17, 2022 and Feb 3, 2023.
The payments were made into the company’s Maybank Islamic account, he said.
“I confirm that this project was under the Home Ministry and the funding came from the Home Ministry,” Lokman, the prosecution’s 23rd witness, said in his witness statement.
He added that several other payments were still being processed or had not been made at the time.
During questioning by Deputy Public Prosecutor Datuk Wan Shaharuddin Wan Ladin, Lokman was asked if there had been any non-compliance in the government’s payments.
“No,” he replied.
Asked to explain what he understood by non-compliance, Lokman said it would involve a breach of the terms of the contract.
Wan Shaharuddin: In this case, was there any non-compliance?
Lokman: So far, none.
Nepturis is among several companies mentioned in the prosecution’s case against former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who is facing seven charges involving alleged abuse of power and money laundering linked to Jana Wibawa.
The court was previously told that Nepturis had been asked to channel RM1 million to Bersatu in 2022 after securing the Klang Utara police headquarters project.
Its managing director Mohd Rizman Akum Khan testified that he did not know why the payment was made.
He said the cheque was prepared on the instructions of co-owner Lian Tian Chuan, better known as TC Lian, and that he simply carried out the instruction.
Earlier, the prosecution applied to amend the fourth charge against Muhyiddin to include KCJ Engineering Sdn Bhd.
Judge Noor Ruwena Md Nurdin allowed the amendment after the defence did not object.
Under the amended first to fourth charges, Muhyiddin, who is also Pagoh MP, is accused of using his position to obtain RM225.3 million in bribes linked to Jana Wibawa from Bukhary Equity Sdn Bhd, Nepturis, Mamfor Sdn Bhd, KCJ Engineering and Datuk Azman Yusoff for Bersatu.
He faces three further charges of receiving proceeds from unlawful activities amounting to RM200 million, including money from Bukhary Equity which was deposited into Bersatu’s CIMB Bank account.
KCJ Engineering, meanwhile, is alleged to have contributed RM800,000 to Bersatu after initially failing the Finance Ministry’s assessment for a Jana Wibawa project before later securing a RM62 million contract.
Former finance minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz had previously told the court that KCJ Engineering did not pass the first assessment by the Jana Wibawa Contractor Evaluation Committee. – August 17, 2026