World

Prince Andrew stripped of Royal Titles and Windsor Residence amid Epstein scandal fallout

The Palace noted Andrew's "serious lapses of judgement," with Charles and family supporting the decision

Updated 9 months ago · Published on 31 Oct 2025 9:06AM

Prince Andrew stripped of Royal Titles and Windsor Residence amid Epstein scandal fallout
King Charles has stripped Prince Andrew of his prince title due to ties with Jeffrey Epstein, escalating previous actions - October 31, 2025

KING Charles III has formally stripped his younger brother, Prince Andrew, of all royal titles and ordered him to vacate his long-term residence on the Windsor estate, Buckingham Palace announced on 30 October, marking the most severe royal censure yet over Andrew’s association with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor,” the palace said in a statement, adding that the King had initiated the process to remove all remaining titles held by his brother.

The 65-year-old has also been instructed to leave his home on the Windsor Castle grounds and will “move to alternative private accommodation” as soon as possible.

“These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him,” AFP reported the palace stating. “Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse.”

The move follows widespread outrage over renewed accusations made by Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein’s most prominent accusers, whose posthumously published memoir recounted in detail claims that she had been trafficked to have sex with Andrew on three occasions, including twice when she was just 17.

It is understood that Andrew did not contest the King’s decision and that the UK government was consulted before the announcement.

Giuffre, who died by suicide in April aged 41, had reached a multi-million-dollar settlement with Andrew in 2022 to end her civil sexual assault lawsuit against him. Her family, speaking to the BBC on 30 October, hailed the King’s decision as “a victory”.

“Today, an ordinary American girl from an ordinary American family brought down a British prince with her truth and extraordinary courage,” the family said. “Virginia Roberts Giuffre, our sister, a child when she was sexually assaulted by Andrew, never stopped fighting for accountability for what had happened to her and countless other survivors like her.”

The scandal has been further inflamed by reports in The Times revealing that Andrew paid minimal rent for the Royal Lodge over two decades under a favourable 2003 agreement with the Crown Estate. The renewed scrutiny has intensified efforts to remove him from the property, amid reports that the Prince and Princess of Wales are preparing to move into a nearby residence.

Adding to the controversy, the BBC this week reported that Andrew hosted Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell – now imprisoned for sex trafficking – and disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, jailed for rape, at the Royal Lodge in 2006 for his daughter Beatrice’s 18th birthday.

Public anger has mounted in recent days. During a visit to a cathedral on 27 October, King Charles was heckled by a member of the public shouting: “How long have you known about Andrew and Epstein?”

Despite initial resistance, Andrew is now expected to relocate to the King’s Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where his accommodation will be privately funded by His Majesty. His former wife, Sarah Ferguson, will make her own living arrangements. Their daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, will retain their royal titles. - October 31, 2025

United Kingdom, King Charles III, Prince Andrew, Jeffrey Epstein, Virginia Giuffre, Royal Family, Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Royal Lodge, monarchy scandal

Spotlight

Malaysia

RM245m Penang Hill cable car project 32 per cent complete - CM

By Ian McIntyre

Malaysia

Six locals charged over alleged kidnapping of Singaporean couple in Johor

Malaysia

PM: No political, racial or religious shield for those found guilty in TH, Felda probes

Malaysia

Singapore security guard jailed 14 days, fined RM7,000 for insulting Islam

Health

Dengue cases soar 56% to 58,079 as nation records 55 deaths

Malaysia

NGOs urge BERSAMA to put Indian community agenda on political radar

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Health

MOH warns seniors against unproven hydrogen inhalers

Malaysia

Former Tabung Haji CEO remanded seven days as MACC RCI probe deepens

Malaysia

21 held in KLIA-Nilai crackdown on alleged online love scam syndicate

You may be interested

World

Iran claims stronger hand as Pezeshkian calls for end to West Asia war

World

China-Indonesia talks put South China Sea, defence and investment in focus

World

Sydney Airport faces fourth air traffic control incident in a month

World

China expands Philippine sea presence as Japan-Philippines maritime ties deepen

World

Former Singapore president now thinks twice about patting children after Roxy Square incident

World

Singapore caregiver jailed nearly 10 years, caned eight strokes for torturing schoolchildren

World

Fei-Fei Li warns US AI backlash could undermine global leadership and innovation

World

South Korea estimates North Korea has up to 120 nuclear weapons