Malaysia

Philippines building collapse: Two Malaysians affected, one safe

Two Malaysians have been caught up in a building collapse in Angeles City, with one confirmed safe while efforts continue to determine the whereabouts and condition of another citizen

Updated 2 months ago · Published on 25 May 2026 7:56AM

Philippines building collapse: Two Malaysians affected, one safe
Malaysian embassy races to verify second citizen after Philippines building collapse - May 25, 2026

TWO Malaysians have been caught up in a building collapse in the northern Philippine city of Angeles, with one confirmed safe while efforts continue to determine the whereabouts and condition of another citizen, Wisma Putra said.

The ministry said the incident involved a nine-storey building that was under construction when it collapsed in Angeles City, north of the Philippine capital, Manila, triggering a major rescue operation amid fears that more victims could still be trapped beneath the rubble.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the ministry said the Malaysian Embassy in Manila was working closely with local authorities to establish verified information on the situation and monitor developments on the ground.

“The Embassy of Malaysia in Manila is gathering verified information through the relevant authorities to determine the actual situation on the ground.

“The Embassy is in close contact with the authorities to monitor the condition of the Malaysian citizen who has been confirmed safe and to verify the status and whereabouts of another Malaysian involved,” the statement said.

Wisma Putra said all necessary efforts were being undertaken to trace and contact the families of both individuals affected by the disaster.

“The Foreign Ministry will continue to provide further information and updates once verified details are obtained,” it added.

Malaysians requiring urgent consular assistance, or those with information regarding other Malaysians who may be in the affected area, have been urged to contact the Malaysian Embassy in Manila via its general line at +63 286628200, emergency hotline after office hours at +63 961 0778113, or by email at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]).

The ministry also expressed sympathy to all parties affected by the collapse and said it was closely monitoring developments surrounding the incident.

“The Foreign Ministry is closely monitoring developments relating to the incident. Rescue operations are ongoing to locate individuals feared trapped,” it said.

International media earlier reported that 26 people had been rescued after the partially completed nine-storey structure collapsed in Angeles City. - May 25, 2026

Spotlight

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

Opinion

One more temple falls: The destruction of Malaysia’s soul?

Opinion

Why is Israel pushing toward confrontation with Türkiye?

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani

Malaysia

Sarawak postpones three major programmes over haze concerns

You may be interested

Malaysia

PH, BN weigh Melaka election pact as Amirudin moves to open talks with Anwar

Malaysia

Penang is first state to enforce private homestay law

Malaysia

‘Why hasn’t my husband come to see me?’: Woman unaware family died in crash

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Pahang Sultan stops convoy to aid seriously injured crash victims in Sarawak

Malaysia

Malaysian detained in Pakistan scam raid cleared and repatriated

Malaysia

Woman killed by collapsing iron pole after car crashes into Kajang food court

Malaysia

Bersatu ‘technically’ no longer PN member, says Takiyuddin

Malaysia

Neighbourly dispute turns violent, 80-year-old struck with iron rod