Malaysia

Police urge restraint as Rembau chieftain’s residence dispute heads to legal process

Negeri Sembilan police chief Datuk Alzafny Ahmad said police would continue monitoring the situation to ensure public order is maintained, not only in Rembau but throughout the state.

Updated 1 month ago · Published on 09 Jul 2026 4:50PM

Police urge restraint as Rembau chieftain’s residence dispute heads to legal process
The Rembau district police headquarters had been closely monitoring any actions or developments that could potentially lead to unrest. - July 9, 2026

POLICE have urged all parties involved in the dispute over the 24-hour eviction notice issued to Balai Undang Luak Rembau to remain calm and avoid actions that could cause public unease.

Negeri Sembilan police chief Datuk Alzafny Ahmad said police would continue monitoring the situation to ensure public order is maintained, not only in Rembau but throughout the state.

He said the Rembau district police headquarters had been closely monitoring any actions or developments that could potentially lead to unrest.

“Our priority is to ensure public safety and maintain peace. We advise all parties not to create a situation that could cause concern among the public,” he told reporters at the Negeri Sembilan police contingent headquarters on Thursday.

Alzafny said the situation remained under control based on police monitoring, while urging all parties to handle the matter with maturity.

On the eviction notice, he said the action was within the jurisdiction of the local authority and the Rembau District and Land Office.

“If police assistance is requested for the enforcement process, our priority will be to ensure that it is carried out without any disturbance or untoward incidents.

“We also advise all parties to address this issue responsibly and in accordance with the law,” he said.

Meanwhile, lawyer Emirul Sarifudin Nor Azmi, who is representing Dato’ Sedia Raja Abdul Rahim Yasin, said discussions with the Rembau district officer had resulted in an agreement to seek a writ of possession from the court to resolve the matter through legal channels.

He said the authorities had decided against using a forceful approach and would instead seek legal recourse through the state legal adviser’s office.

“Earlier today, I met with the district officer, and it was decided that they would not use a forceful approach.”

“They will seek advice from the state legal adviser to file an application in court to obtain vacant possession so that the matter can be decided according to the law.”

“However, I was informed that several groups believed to be supporters of Haji Hassan are currently gathered in front of Balai Undang Luak Rembau,” he said.

Emirul also urged all parties to respect the legal process and refrain from making provocative statements or actions that could disrupt public harmony.

He maintained that Abdul Rahim was proclaimed as the Undang Luak Rembau on Aug 22, 2024 by the Punca Kuasa Luak Rembau and was formally endorsed through the Dewan Keadilan dan Undang (DKU) sitting on July 4, 2025.

“To date, there has been no other advice from the DKU regarding his position as Undang,” he said. – July 9, 2026

Related News

Malaysia / 7h

Malaysians urged to rethink travel to southern Thailand after 51 violent incidents

Malaysia / 6d

Nepturis received RM16.4m for Klang Utara police headquarters, court told

Malaysia / 6d

Pahang police reject claims of drug cartel operating in Genting Highlands

Malaysia / 1w

Pilot drug case: Police probe yields new leads

Malaysia / 1w

Inspector, policewoman plead guilty to khalwat

Malaysia / 1w

Two suspects try to escape after proceedings at Kulim Court (video)

Spotlight

World

Series of explosions, fires hit three southern Thai provinces

Opinion

One more temple falls: The destruction of Malaysia’s soul?

Opinion

Why is Israel pushing toward confrontation with Türkiye?

Malaysia

‘Uncle Anwar’ sends representative to children’s entrepreneurs day in Subang Jaya

Malaysia

‘Look at temple dispute based on facts and laws’ – DAP reps tell Rayer

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Malaysia, Brunei set deadline to demarcate boundary, enhance border security

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani

Malaysia

Sarawak postpones three major programmes over haze concerns

You may be interested

Malaysia

Zahid calls for forensic audit into RM9b Felda losses

Malaysia

Sarawak haze worsens as 10 areas record unhealthy air quality

Malaysia

All Malaysia Airlines pilots test negative for drugs

Malaysia

Fahmi: Malaysia’s one-China policy on Taiwan remains unchanged

Malaysia

Billionaire numbers reach record high as wealth remains concentrated

By Alfian Z.M. Tahir

Malaysia

Bersatu ‘technically’ no longer PN member, says Takiyuddin

Malaysia

PH, BN weigh Melaka election pact as Amirudin moves to open talks with Anwar

Malaysia

Police probe indecent act allegedly targeting woman in Sungai Petani